By: Everyl Yevita Kosasih
Did you know that most people change their phones every 18 to 24 months? According to Gallup, 44% of phone users in the USA opt for a new phone every two years. Many countries like Mexico, Malaysia, China, and India report similar consumer behavior .
Why exactly do people change their phones in that specific timeframe?
– Contract plan ends after 18 months – 24 months
– Older phones are becoming harder to maintain due to lack of spare parts, accessories, and support
– The emergence of new phones with better and improved features (better battery, camera, etc.)
– Trends in the telecommunications market
In most cases, a phone would have gotten too old, and even their OS becomes outdated. Surprisingly, 54% of phone users in the USA replace their phones only when they are completely and utterly out-of-dated.
These phones are unable even to support your daily applications; for example, all Google services such as Gmail, Drive, Calendar, and all social media applications are no longer supported.
Now you are probably wondering, “When will my phone give up on me?”. Possibly, very soon.
Buy a new phone? Maybe. Just hold on a second! Or a couple of months.
There are a couple of things that you need to keep in mind when you want to purchase a new phone. Consider the storage space, the camera, and any other specifications.
More importantly, eSIM should be your primary consideration! Why?
8 out of 10 respondents that Flexiroam interviewed said yes to eSIM, and. One said eSIM is “very convenient and useful” and “easy to travel with.”
Here are 4 reasons why eSIM needs to be on top of your phone’s wishlist.
1. EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT
eSIM provides a more effective and efficient method of staying connected because phone manufacturers already embedded the technology in the devices.
With eSIM, you can have multiple profiles for many telecoms and easily switch to the one you prefer, and voila, you’re connected!
2. 5G connectivity
Yes, that’s right! 5G is coming to town! For now, 4G still dominates the cellular network’s market but expect 5G to be fully deployed and utilized in almost all countries by 2025. According to GSMA, 5G networks will reach 1.2 BILLION connections and most likely cover one-third of the world’s population. eSIM will support 5G connectivity and expect a faster data speed! .
As the global scientific community acknowledges the impact of climate change, technology innovators are looking for alternative solutions. Everyone around you is trying to be more environmentally-friendly, and you also have to! eSIM technology offers an environment-friendly innovation to replace physical SIM cards. These tiny little chips contribute to a massive amount of metal, silicone, and plastic waste.
The manufacturing process of SIM cards is complex, and it contributes to a lot of electronic waste (e-waste). This type of waste is hazardous and extremely dangerous for the environment. Oh, this is excluding the plastic cards and wrappers to keep the SIM cards.
4. Travel Without Hassle
Switching SIM cards when you travel is always a hassle, especially when you are in a hurry. Your local data provider might offer you plenty of roaming deals, but it is making a hole in your pocket. Sure, Airports have multiple mobile service providers. Still, the queue is usually unbearable, and it takes a long time, not to mention language barriers and some obnoxious people selling things in airports that you don’t want.
eSIM gives a more straightforward solution to these problems! Travelers don’t need to switch SIM cards back and forth. Yes, it is THAT easy and saves a lot of time.
Not to mention, eSIM accelerates the decline of roaming charges, so it means you don’t have to pay a massive sum of money if you make a phone call to your home country.
Flexiroam is among the first eSIM data roaming providers that will help you stay connected, even when you’re on the other side of the earth.
If you’re interested in getting your own eSIM Profile for Flexiroam, CLICK HERE.
Share your vacation moments right there and then because FLEXIROAM offers a lot of data plans for everyone!
So, will eSIM and 5G be on the top of your consideration list when you buy your next phone?
Let us know:
1. "Americans Split on How Often They Upgrade Their Smartphones." 8 Jul. 2015, https://news.gallup.com/poll/184043/americans-split-often-upgrade-smartphones.aspx. Accessed 9 Jan. 2020. 2. "The Mobile Economy - GSMA Intelligence." https://www.gsmaintelligence.com/research/?file=b9a6e6202ee1d5f787cfebb95d3639c5&download. Accessed 9 Jan. 2020.
- 79By: Clarissa-Ann Lum With any new technology, there will be some downsides and concerns. As you may know by now, eSIM is the latest revolution that will have a long-lasting impact on phone manufacturing and the telecommunications industry. We asked some Flexiroam users about their concerns regarding eSIM and what…
- 62Businesses are using eSIM in their enterprise devices. With that, it is sure to provide a host of advantages from simpler technical management to stepped-up security, not to mention cost optimization as well. Mobile operators and device manufacturers to have a lot to gain as well. Here's how: SOLID STUFF…