“GSMA Embedded SIM Specification is expected to aid market growth internationally considerably more strongly than proprietary solutions”
According to a mobile network operator, eSIM will aid market growth in big proportions. What does this mean?
Gain new business opportunities from a world of intelligently connected services and devices, reduce the logistical costs associated with handling traditional SIM cards and retain existing SIM security levels, all with minimum impact to their current network infrastructure, and minimum cost of integration and testing.
FOR SIM MANUFACTURERS
Add flexibility to their current products and open up new markets by providing the infrastructure and services that remotely provision SIMs.
Adherence to a common industry standard ensures all returns on R&D investments are maximized.
FOR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
Whose product life cycles are often lengthy, enjoy the reassurance of knowing there is a common global architecture with no compromise on existing SIM capabilities. Inevitably they benefit from enhanced flexibility regarding their manufacturing, global constraints versus local connectivity contracts.
Effective and efficient management of large-scale volumes of M2M devices is entirely possible together with the knowledge that the future expansion of connected services will not be prohibited by any third parties.
Finally, end users enjoy a seamless experience on a plethora of devices, knowing they are securely and intelligently connected to ubiquitous mobile networks. This remotely provisionable SIM is the vital enabler for the future growth of the machine to machine market.
A new independent study which explores the benefits of the GSMA SIM Specification on the Mobile Enabled M2M Industry. It estimating that the immediate industry-wide adoption and deployment of the GSMA Embedded SIM Specification will deliver 34 percent higher market growth by 2020.
FOR M2M MARKET SHAREHOLDERS
The adoption of the GSMA Embedded SIM Specification for eUICC brings to the market several benefits for the entire M2M ecosystem, but also specific ones for different stakeholders.
key benefits of the GSMA Embedded SIM Specification for the entire M2M industry
- The smaller size form factor available for eUICC offer streamlining of the manufacturing process for mass volume. This is especially needed for consumer services.
- Potentially low production and distribution cost enabled by late-stage provisioning of profiles and single stock keeping units.
- Over-the-air remote provisioning, since these devices cannot be returned to a retail outlet to change SIM card as in the handset market. A visit to each site is not cost effective.
- As well as streamlining the manufacturing process, the eUICC also streamlines the retail process and considerably widens the possible routes to market compared with a product fitted with a removable SIM. GSMA Embedded SIM Specification is expected to aid market growth internationally considerably more strongly than proprietary solutions.
- As in the case of the existing SIM card, low power consumption – for battery cost and lifetime considerations.
WATCH OUT FOR THE LATEST eSIM FLEXIROAM NEWS & UPDATES!
Follow us on:
Visit our website: https://www.flexiroam.com/