What Prepaid SIM Card Options are available in Brunei?
In Brunei, there are two main mobile prepaid services, namely Easi (DST Mobile) and B.Mobile.
- B.Mobile Prepaid: Price: B$ 36.00 (comes with B$5 worth of credit, 7 day credit expiry plus 30 days grace period);
- Easi 3G Mobile (DST Mobile):Price: B$ 30.00 (comes with B$5 worth of credit, 7 day credit expiry plus 30 days grace period)
Where you can buy Prepaid SIM Card from Brunei?
Presence at the Airport:
Both DST Com and B.Mobile have a presence in the airport:
- B.Mobile: Telebru Headquarters, Telbru, old Airport, Berakas
- Easi 3G Mobile: DST Com Counter at Arrival Hall, Brunei International Airport
Outside the Airport:
All B•Mobile Prepaid Starter Packs are available at B•Mobile Care Centres only:
- The Mall Care Centre: 2nd Floor, The Mall, Abdul Razak Holdings, Gadong BE3519 (7 days a week: 10.00am-9.30pm)
- Kuala Belait Care Centre: Unit 7, Ground Floor, Jalan Pretty, Kuala Belait KA1131 (Monday & Wednesday-Sunday:9.30am-5.00pm; Tuesdays (only first & last week of month): 9.00am-5.00pm)
- Tutong Care Centre: Unit 2, Ground Floor Bangunan, YHH No.151, Lot 4358, Kg Petani, Pekan Tutong Tutong TA1341 (Monday to Saturday: 9.00am-5.00pm; Sundays (only first & last week of month) : 9.00am- 5.00pm).
- Temburong Care Centre: JTB Headquarters, Pekan Bangar, Temburong PA3151 (Monday to Thursday, Saturday: 8.30am – 4.00pm).
- Times Square: F22, Spg 13-29, Jalan Berakas, Kg Jaya Setia, Mukim Berakas ‘A’, Bandar Seri Begawan BS2713 (7 days a week: 10:00am-9:30pm)
Easi 3G Mobile (DST Mobile) Starter Pack can be acquires at any DSTCom Counters Nationwide:
- DST Group Headquarters: Jalan Tungku Link, Bandar Seri Begawan BE 3619
- Gadong Branch: Unit 1-13 & 1-15, Gadong Properties Centre, Bandar Seri Begawan BE 4119
- Yayasan SHHB Branch: Block D, Ground Floor, Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan BS 8711
- Serusop Branch: Unit 20 & 21, Simpang 82, Serusop Complex, Jalan Muara
- Kuala Belait Branch: No. 14 & 15, Bangunan Hj Abd Karim bin Husin & Anak-Anak, Jalan Jaya Negara, Kg Pandan, Kuala Belait
- Tutong Branch: Unit 22 & 23, Tutong Central Mall, Tutong
- Temburong Branch: No.11, Tingkat 2, Komplex Perniagaan Bumiputera Baru, Bangar, Temburong
- Giant Branch: Unit G 28 & 29, Giant Hypermart, Tasek Rimba BE3319
- Tanjung Bunut Branch: Block A, Unit 1 & 2, Tanung Bunut
Usual Branch Opening Hours: Mondays to Thursdays, and Saturdays (9am to 4pm) and Fridaysn(9am to 11am, 2.30pm to 4pm)
Ramadhan Branch Opening Hours (except Giant branch): Mondays to Thursdays (8.30 am to 2.00 pm) and Fridays & Saturdays (8.30 am to 11.30 am)
Ramadhan Branch Opening Hours (Giant branch): Mondays to Sundays (8.30 am to 6.00 pm and 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm)
What are the requirements for registering a new Brunei SIM Card?
- As a regulatory Control in Brunei Darussalam, it is a mandatory requirement to register all circulated Prepaid numbers at point of purchase.
- For foreigners travelling to Brunei, you shall be required to present a Passport (valid for at least 6months) with valid residents or visitors pass, in order to register your SIM card.
- You don’t have to pay anything extra to register your SIM card, since it has already been factored into the cost of the new prepaid SIM card.
How you can activate a New Brunei Prepaid SIM Card?
In order to start making and receiving calls on your new prepaid SIM card, it is necessary to ensure that your number is activated. Since the prepaid SIM cards can only be acquired from designated care centre alone, it could be assumed that almost all the SIM cards will be activated at the point of purchase.
Nevertheless, it is worth knowing how a new Brunei prepaid SIM is activated.
To activate an Easi 3G Mobile (DST Mobile) line, Dial 159 for your Easi Mobile to listen to welcome prompts and select preferred language (whether Malay or English). After that your account balance of B$5 and validity date will be announced.
Otherwise you can call the customer care line from your new Brunei SIM.
- B•Mobile: 177 (from a B•Mobile phone)
- Easi 3G Mobile: 151 (from a Easi Mobile phone)
Rates[table id=5 /] Rates Info above were compiled on 29/04/2011.
Other Important Things that You need to note:
- Both Easi (DST Mobile) and B.Mobile DO NOT have Blackberry BBM bundle services.
- Please note that provided the prepaid SIM has internet access, you can still log in to your Blackberry BBM account without subscribing to any special Blackberry BBM package.
- Upon request, customers of Easi (DST Mobile) and B.Mobile have a choice to select either a normal SIM or a MicroSIM (iPhone 4 user) at the point of purchase.