Now, tourists visiting Myanmar are able to apply online E-Visa via accessing http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/ from home country. It is indeed very convenient for the travellers from those countries where Myanmar Embassy does not exist yet and the system allows avoiding lengthy procedures to acquire visa.
Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are given visa exemption for 14 days:
Passport holder from the following countries and Taiwan are eligible to apply e Visa:
|Country Name||Country Name||Country Name||Country name|
|Croatia||Korea, DPR||Peru||United Kingdom|
|Cyprus||Korea, Republic||Philippines||United States of America|
The following (32) countries are permitted to apply e Visa from 02/ Jan/ 2015 :
|Country Name||Country Name||Country Name||Country Name|
You will need the following before you apply:
(a) Your passport validity must have at least (6) months.
(b) You have to upload one colour photo (4.8 cm X 3.8 cm) taken during last (3) months.
(c) You will need your visa or master credit card for the payment of USD 50.
Visa processing information:
(a) The validity of e Visa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
(b) Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
(c) e Visa service is none refundable.
(d) You will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
(e) The processing time is up to (3) working days.
(f) If the applicant has child(ren) under 7 years old on the same passport, you have to put the name of that child, date of birth in the minor section of the application form.
e Visa is currently only available to Tourist seeking entry into Myanmar. If you are seeking entry for business, meetings, seminars purposes please apply at a Myanmar embassy in your respective country.
- Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
- The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
- e Visa is a only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
- Currently passengers with e Visa are only permitted to enter via Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International Airport and Mandalay International Airport. We will announce other port of entry in due course.
- If you are visiting Myanmar via cruise, please contact your tour agent for Pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. You will not be able to use e Visa to enter Myanmar via seaport.
- If the decision is not allowed to entry, you may return by the same flight.
Published Date: 11th March 2015