If you are traveling on a budget, then the first thing that comes to your mind is how to cut down on the transport costs. Here is a list of some important tips that will allow you to make substantial cost savings on transportation while traveling to a foreign land –
- Before making your travel preparations, make sure you check all the budget airlines or bus or train services. You can even ask your hostel booker to suggest some cheap bus or train services as well.
- Transport costs soar during the peak season or holidays. So if you are planning to visit a particular city or region on a budget, a better way to do is to travel outside the peak times. The transport costs are moderate during off seasons owing to the presence of lesser tourists.
- Instead of hopping in a cab every time, it is advisable to take a bus. A bus no doubt takes longer time, but it is worth when you are trying to save some bucks.
- If you are traveling alone, form a group of the fellow travelers and hire a cab or rent a car for some sightseeing.
- Traveling by night is another way that helps you indirectly save substantial amounts of money. By traveling by night, you can save a lot of bucks which would have been instead spent on night accommodation.
- If you plan to stay in a city for long, it is advisable to go for a travel pass or multi journey bus/train/subway ticket so that you do not have to shell money to purchase tickets from one location to another location.
- Another thing to keep in mind is to book your air tickets in advance. It is recommended to book tickets 2-3 months prior to your journey as major airlines provide various discounts and rebates on booking tickets with them earlier.
- Make it a habit to ask the local people about which route to take and how much fare to pay to the cab driver, especially when you are traveling in a lesser developed country. Cab drivers have a knack of cheating unsuspecting foreign travelers and by knowing the exact route and fare in advance, you can save huge bucks.
- Hitchhiking is another way of saving transport costs. However go for it only if you are sure of the safety of the region or traveling in a group.
To enjoy the innumerable joys of traveling, it is necessary that you do not have to worry about you finances. Make sure you follow the abovementioned tips and enjoy the vivacious joys of traveling. Apart saving on transportation cost for low cost or cheap international roaming you can use international roaming service like Flexiroam which will save up to 80% of your international roaming charges.