This autumn break calls for a celebration with your loved ones!
With only 60+ days until we tear off our 2019 calendars and welcome the new year with a bang. What better way to end the year with a well-deserved break after hustling hard all year long?
If you are looking for options on where to go for a break this autumn, then look no further as Indonesia could be your chosen destination – but where in Indonesia? Fear not, we have the answers to your question and tips on your holiday in Indonesia. 😉
#1 NUSA PENIDA
Known for its spotting and swimming with Manta Rays (Fish), Nusa Penida also has beautiful photographic scenery for you to take plenty of images! We have surveyed the top places to visit in Nusa Penida itself so that you don’t have to stray too far away from the town itself.
Top places to visit in Nusa Penida:
- Go for a day trip around the coast of Nusa Penida Island
- Don’t miss out on the breath-taking views at Kelingking Beach, Atuh Beach, Angel’s Billabong and Broken Beach (Pasih Uug)
- Snorkel with the beautiful fish at Crystal Bay
- Catch the manta rays from Manta Point
- Explore Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Lembongan
- Jati Bungalows
Budget: 150,000 to 400,000 RP / 16 to 42 AUD / 11 to 30 USD
- Semabu Hills
Budget: 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 RP / 105 to 261 AUD / 72 to 179 USD
- Apit Lawang
Budget: Under 150,000 RP / Under 16 AUD / Under 11 USD
Indonesia Travel Tip: It’s difficult to get hold of an ATM Machine, bring lots of Rupiahs just in case
Known as the Island of Gods, Bali is a beautiful place to indulge in and relax with your loved ones. Home to almost 4 million people holding on to their spiritual and unique culture, there is never enough time to complete sightseeing in Bali, as there is simply too much to explore.
Top places to visit in Bali:
- Watch the sunrise/sunset from Tanah Lot or Uluwatu Temple
- Witness a Kecak “fire & trace’’ dance
- Don’t forget to see the cultural sights near Ubud including Goa Gajah (The Elephant Cave), Tegalalang Rice Terraces, Gunung Kawi & Tirta Empul temple.
- If you’re a seafood lover, you wouldn’t want to miss a yummy seafood dinner at Jimbaran Beach
- Enjoy Kuta, Legian & Seminyak’s surf, shopping & nightlife
- Pay a visit to Bali’s sacred temples including Pura Agung Bersakih & Taman Ayun Temple
- Cahaya Ubud Villa
Budget: 535,000 RP / 56 AUD / 38 USD
- Agung Raka Resorts
Budget: 520332.85 RP / 55 AUD / 37 USD
Tip: A few basic words of Bahasa Indonesia will take you a long way in Bali. Try words like Selamat Pagi (Good morning), Tolong (Please) and Terima Kasih (Thank you).
#3 LAKE TOBA
Famous for its natural large lake in Sumatra, Lake Toba is your place to visit if you are looking to unwind and relax with a place that excludes itself from the typical ‘city’ life. Lake Toba allows you to experience and feel the essence of nature.
Top places to visit in Lake Toba:
- Rent a motor scooter
- Visit the Batak Villages
- Try eating Batak Food
- Have some coffee on the cliff of the wooden shelter near Huta Tinggi for a good view to go with your favourite cup of coffee
- Try having a lakeside meal! (You can experience truly waterfront dining at Warung Ikan Bakar Galbers Café!)
- Visit the Sipiso-Piso waterfall, the highest plunge waterfall in Indonesia at 120m high
- Zoe’s Paradise Waterfront Hotel
Budget: 464080 RP / 49 AUD / 33 USD
- Mas Cottages
Budget: 253062 RP / 27 AUD / 18 USD
- Atsari Hotel
Budget: 548301 RP / 58 AUD / 39 USD
Indonesia Travel Tip: Rental of a motor scooter should only cost you around IDR 40,000 per hour inclusive of petrol. Prices are negotiable as well.
Visiting Indonesia and not paying a visit to the capital and largest city of Indonesia is almost impossible. Jakarta is an amazing place to learn and explore Indonesia’s complicated history while visiting a variety of significant locations such as the old town and the port – making you feel like you are in the olden days. At the same time, Jakarta is one of the most modern cities in Indonesia from its famous malls to its famous restaurants. A city that is constantly hustling and bustling throughout the day, but it isn’t a city that you would ever get bored in.
Top places to visit in Jakarta:
- Go shopping in Menteng! (famous for its flea market)
- Take a day trip to the Thousand Islands (a boat tour will allow you to explore more islands within the area)
- Check out Monas Tower
- Explore Indonesia at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah
- Relax on Ancol Beach
- Enjoy Kota Tua
- HARRIS Vertu Hotel Harmoni
Budget: 603972.57 RP / 63 AUD / 43 USD
- Aone Hotel
Budget: 508103.91 RP / 53 AUD / 37 USD
- Hotel Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada
Budget: 566840.32 RP / 59 AUD / 41 USD
Tip: Most foreign exchange shops in Jakarta are located within shopping malls itself, making it very safe and convenient to exchange your currency
Enjoy your trip to Indonesia before we warmly welcome January 2020 especially with our tips and insights to make your travel journey smoother and maximize your time in Indonesia.
Keep your family and friends updated with your whereabouts with tonnes of pictures and selfies 😉 Here at Flexiroam, we want you to be able to share your images across the border seamlessly.
Never run out data with Flexiroam as we have one to suit your vacation plan. Get your preferred data package with Flexiroam.
We offer a variety of e-SIM plans catering to different needs, get your data roaming in over 160+ countries across 580+ carriers with Flexiroam, click here to find out more.
DOWNLOAD THE APP AND GET YOUR UK DATA PLAN, ENJOY BIG DISCOUNTS & MORE!
HERE >>> LINK
Follow us on: