Xiaomi Mi MIX Alpha is the new Mi on the block. The first impressive outlook is its OLED, “surround screen” that envelops the device till its camera.
You could say that the Mi MIX Alpha is a candy bar made of screen.
A smartphone’s screen-to-body ratio is used to determine the portion of the screen compared to the phone’s chassis. In other words, the higher the screen-to-body ratio, the smaller the bezel. Here are some simple comparisons taking the industry-leading phones:
- iPhone 11 Pro = 82.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus = 91% screen-to-body ratio
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro = 94.1% screen-to-body ratio
Here’s where the Mi MIX Alpha stands in that list, packing a 180.6% screen-to-body ratio. It annihilates the rest and took them to school.
However, the most functional aspect of the “surround screen” is in the manner that customized MIUI 11 Android Pie-based OS uses the back part of the screen to display widgets.
According to Xiaomi’s CEO Lei Jun, who presented the Mi MIX Alpha, the back of the device is able to show you the information you need, whenever you need it: calculator, maps, Uber, music player… practically anything that can be an Android widget. No exiting active apps or launching a new one required. Thus, making it an extremely multi-purpose phone.
We are impressed, but there’s more. The Mi MIX Alpha’s camera is state-of-the-art, coupling a 108-megapixel shooter, a 12-megapixel telephoto lens and a 20-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens.
One. Hundred. And. Eight. Megapixels. The first-ever.
Another exciting aspect is the custom AI algorithm that will know exactly know touches are unintentional and which ones are intentional. The Mi MIX Alpha houses several pressure-sensitive sensors with haptic feedback making each touch feel like a “real” button, we’re liking this “surround screen” already.
The Mi MIX Alpha will run top of the line Snapdragon 855+ processor with 12GB RAM and 512GB of UFS 3.0 storage. The device is powered by a 4050 mAh nano silicon cathode battery, supports 40W fast wired charging via USB-C as well as dual-SIM with 5G connectivity.
With dual-SIM, the phone enables eSIM which provides the option for two different numbers to be used on the same device simultaneously. Its embedded nature eliminates the need to switch SIMs, which comes exceptionally handy when travelling.
Your SIM card days are numbered as Flexiroam provides eSIM to keep you connected in 160+ countries over 580+ carriers. You can create your own eSIM profile by simply following our activation process here and using the Flexiroam X app.
Follow us on:
- 51Businesses are using eSIM in their enterprise devices. With that, it is sure to provide a host of advantages from simpler technical management to stepped-up security, not to mention cost optimization as well. Mobile operators and device manufacturers to have a lot to gain as well. Here's how: SOLID STUFF…
- 51Many are calling the Samsung Galaxy Fold “the most forward-thinking phone of 2019” delivering a foldable device with Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (AMOLED) display that folds into a 7.3-inch tablet. Yup, quite the head-turner. SAMSUNG GALAXY FOLD SCREEN This is the main attraction of the phone. Although some foldable phones…