Since our team will be heading to Manila, Philippines soon for the Travel Bloggers Exchange (TBEX) Asia Event, we got a little help from our very own Philippine Flexiroamer, Mary Grace Gadin, come up with 5 must try local cuisine for them to experience during their stay. Here is what she had to say…
1. Sinigang – This can be cooked with either meat or seafood. It is a bit sour, but that sour taste will have you craving for more!
(Image Source – DishMaps)
2. Adobo – Everyone’s favorite Filipino dish! The best part about it is it’s vinegar based, so the more it ages, the yummier it gets! It’s easy to cook and you can store them in the freezer to keep for those days when you want a home cooked meal, but you’re too lazy (Come on, we have all been there).
(Image Source – Del Monte Philippines)
3. Kare-Kare – Ox tail cooked in a peanut based sauce (it doesn’t taste too peanuty though). The rich creamy sauce can be topped on rice and is usually eaten with shrimp paste (bagoong). There is nothing like it!
(Image Source – Nestle Philippines)
4. Lechon – Basically a whole roasted pig. Perfect for those big family gatherings! (Please take note this is non halal ya)
(Image Source – SeriousEats)
5. Halo-halo – A dessert that is a medley of sweet ingredients, mainly: gelatine, flan, shaved ice, tapioca, fruits – topped with some condensed milk and purple yam ice cream. Great for those hot days!
(Image Source – Ren -Ovatio, Deviant Art)
So if you ever find yourself travelling to the Philippines, don’t forget to try these really delicious food! Amazing food is always a must when visiting a new country *wink wink* And if you’re heading for the TBEX event, don’t forget to drop by our booth (Table No. 6) and say hi to our amazing team who will be there! And most importantly, don’t forget to bring us along when you do visit the Philippines *wink wink*
Flexiroam X, the only 4G app that allows you to roam in over 100 countries.
Get your Flexiroam X App today!
For more information, visit www.flexiroamx.com